We at Delhi Public School, Gajraula firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a child who is confident, healthy, responsible and morally strong. This village starts with the network formed by parents, teachers and administrators who work together to support and nurture the child. A strong school- parent relationship is paramount to the student's success at school, and his/her life ahead. A good relationship between these two important agencies can significantly impact each student's long term success.
Given below are a few guidelines for the parents to follow. These guidelines will help the parents understand the rules of the school and provide a vital support system to the school in achieving the common goal, that is , the overall development of the students.
(a) SCHOOL TRANSPORT
- Parents are requested to personally see off and receive their ward at the bus stop (especially classes Nursery to fifth).
- Please ensure that your ward reaches the school well in time. In no case the child will be allowed to reach the school in the alternate shift.
- Kindly do not enter the school vehicles to see off and receive your ward.
- Parents are not allowed to direct their children to the seat in the school vehicles as it is the discretion of the bus incharge.
- Please do not overtake or stop the school vehicle to facilitate the boarding of your ward, as it endangers the safety of the children in the school vehicle.
- Please do not get into any arguments with the teachers, conductor or driver present in the school vehicle. In case of a problem, please give a written complaint to the school office.
(b) PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
- The school happily grants 20% leave to the students. Further considering their academic and overall growth as of paramount importance, maintaining an attendance record of at least 80% is mandatory during the academic session, failing which the student will not be permitted to appear in the end of term examination.
- Please ensure that your ward joins the school on the notified date of the beginning of the terms and after each vacation. Parents need to plan accordingly.
- Parents must ensure that their ward attends all the tests/exams and avoids missing the school. In case of the absence of the child on medical grounds, a certified medical document should be produced.
- It is MANDATORY for all the parents to attend the PTMs on regular basis in order to know the progress of their ward.
- The child will not be allowed to attend the classes without presenting the leave application duly signed by parents, if he/she was absent on the previous day. Parents should fill up the 'Record of Non-Attendance' given in the Almanac for each day the student is absent from the school, stating the reasons for the same.
- Parents are requested not to send sick children to school for attending classes. It is inconvenient to send them back.